Been enjoying the summer for a week and summer bakings to go with it. Made chicken salad and my favorite Bread with bubbles. Made also the ultimate meringue cake, pavlova, to celebrate the beginning of the berry season.
6 egg whites
2+1 dl sugar
2 ts corn starch
2 dl whipped cream
bunch of fresh berries (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and such)
1. Beat the egg whites ’till stiff. Add 2 dl of the sugar little by little, mixing all the time. Mix the rest of the sugar with the corn starch and mix in like before.
2. Spoon the meringue onto a baking tray covered with baking paper. Form a circle (about ⌀ 30cm), leave the edges a bit higher than the middle. Sprinkle a bit of sugar on top of the meringue.
3. Bake in 125°C in the middle of your oven for 90 minutes. Keep an eye on the meringue, so that it doesn’t get too brown and turn down the heat in case needed. The ready meringue should be crispy outside and moist inside. Let the meringue cool down. I decorated my meringue with some melted chocolate, and having a bit of chocolate flavor worked deliciously in the combination.
4. Whip the cream, spice gently with sugar and spread over the meringue. Clean the berries, cut smaller if needed and scatter over the whipped cream.
5. Enjoy tremendously, summer is here ❤